Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kyla Rogers, Recipient of Nobel Humanitarian Award


Give this girl the Nobel Prize, Medal of Honor, Stanley Cup, or something. Kyla helped my mom and I at our neighborhood garage sale, which included loading up my car at 6am, staging everything at the event, and then wheeling and dealing all morning (which she is really good at). Could. Not. Have. Done. It. Without. Her.

Highlight of the day:
Mom: "I love making all this cash, especially small bills. I'd like a profession with that."
Kyla: "I believe that's called being a stripper.'"

The garage sale was an enormous success. I made $300! It's also a relief to unload years of accumulated stuff. I think Mom feels the same way. Whew!

In other news, my custom dining room table arrive today! I'll do a full post when I reach Denver, but I wanted to give a sneak peak. It's perfect! I ordered from Miranda at White Pine Crafters, based out of Smyrna, TN. Please check out her store on Etsy, because she makes absolutely beautiful, thoughtful, hand-crafted pieces. 

Sneak Preview:

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes!!! I love it!! It will fit that nook perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete