Sunday, November 10, 2013

Rockin' the Savannah Rock n' Roll

This weekend I took a break from packing to run the Savannah Rock n' Roll half marathon. What a perfect way to say goodbye to The South! It was an extraordinary feeling to run around the historic Savannah squares, under the oak trees and Spanish moss, breathing that crisp fall air. I was giddy the entire time (well, until about mile 11 when my legs started to complain).
But hey, my legs cooperated enough to get me a run time under 2 hours. Yay! Thank you, legs!

Kyla and Rebecca were kind enough to tag along. They cheered me on at the finish line, and then we went out on the town that night for a haunted pub crawl. We didn't see any ghosts, but we did do a pickleback (shot of whiskey chased by pickle brine) and experience a mind-blowing deep fried moon pie.

Great run! Great friends! Great memories!

 
And then there was this guy:

1 comment:

  1. Amazing job! You should keep wearing the medal all week because everyone needs to see how awesome you are :)

    ReplyDelete